Business Development Manager
Location: Minstead – 15 minutes from central Southampton
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000
Commission: Residual, from day one, with no cap
As a GiftPro Business Development Manager (BDM), your role is to bring in new clients for the company. You’ll be responsible for identifying your own prospects through a range of sales activities; networking, calling, and emailing. Our main focus is the hospitality industry, so any prior experience of this sector would be advantageous. You’ll need to know our product inside out, and be confident presenting it as a solution to decision makers via web and face-to-face demonstrations.
Strategic planning is a key part of this role, since it is your responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. Organisational skills are important too, as you’ll be managing your new clients through the on-boarding process, working with the Client Support team to ensure a smooth launch of their online store. You’ll be measured on your activity levels and the quality of your demonstrations, so confidence is key.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Prospect for potential new clients in our target sectors and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call within the hospitality industry to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Meet potential clients and demonstrate the product.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with the team to develop proposals that address the client’s needs and objectives.
- Maintain a positive relationship with your clients, identifying suitable opportunities to present new products and services.
- Work with our management and development teams to suggest ways in which we can improve our product.
- Attend industry functions, such as events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
This is a key role within our rapidly growing business. The successful candidate will be playing an important part in our growth, and will therefore be rewarded appropriately. We are looking to interview candidates with a minimum of 2 years B2B sales experience. If you have experience in the digital industry, this will be advantageous although not essential.
Why work at GiftPro?
We’re proud of the business we’re building, and it’s fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. Here are some of the reasons we get out of bed in the morning…
Join our team and work in a friendly environment in a beautiful setting! Collaboration is key here – we share the responsibilities and the successes that follow.
Located in the high-ceilinged ballroom of Castle Malwood on the edge of the New Forest. Enjoy the surrounding greenery and views over the forest to the Isle of Wight.
Flexible working hours
Need to run an errand in the middle of the day? No problem. We hate micromanagement too. As long as the job gets done, hours are flexible.
24 days holidays
We want you to have a break. Take 24 days plus bank holidays – climb a mountain, lie on a beach. Come back refreshed and give us all you’ve got!
Take the day off for your birthday – or have an extra day’s holiday if you’d rather be with us lovely lot on your big day!
Fruit for thought
Healthy bodies and healthy minds work better. We will fuel you from our weekly fresh fruit box delivery. An apple a day…
Top notch equipment
Having the best technology for the job is important to us, so we regularly invest in our kit. You’ll have all the tools you need to excel in your role.
With so many New Forest pubs on our doorstep, finishing early on a Friday just makes sense! We also have an on-site bar complete with snooker table…
At 15 minutes from central Southampton, you’ll need a car to get here, but there won’t be any fights over parking spaces - plenty of free parking on-site.