Salary: £32,500 per annum
Hours: Mon – Thurs: 9am – 5.30pm, Fri: 9am – 4.30pm (1 hour lunch break each day)
You’ll be working on the Giftpro platform, an ecommerce system focused on the hospitality industry selling vouchers, tickets and retail products. Your main responsibility will be working on backend specific features, often from concept to deployment across a range of areas of the business.
Your primary roles and responsibilities will be:
- Developing changes and new functionality to the platform, following the existing processes
- Reviewing code from other developers and providing feedback
- Offering ideas for improvements to features, the product and the development process
- Providing technical expertise to your non-developer colleagues
- Problem solving by debugging and resolving issues that have been raised
Essential skills and experience:
- Working with current PHP (7 and 8) with a framework
- Comfortable working with MySQL
- Experience using Symfony (Others like Laravel for example are fine)
- Comfortable with version control (Git) and deployment of code changes
- Ensuring your code performs well and know how to manage the performance of functionality at scale
- Experience refactoring existing code
- Documenting your work at code level and at system level
Desired skills and experience:
- Server management, experience working with AWS, specifically Ubuntu
- Experience working with and integrating external APIs, for example Stripe for payments
- Prior experience working on an ecommerce product
- Experience developing and maintaining an API
- Having an understanding of how to best support the needs of the frontend
- We offer a competitive benefits package which includes life assurance, private medical cover, income protection, company pension and 25 days annual leave, as well as additional flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and enhance your well-being.
- 4:30pm finish on Fridays
- Free on-site parking at our Lymington office
Our mission is to help hospitality businesses unlock the power of their brands and drive more direct revenue.
Giftpro was born from a deep love of hospitality and a firm belief that any brand, big or small, should be able to give their customers a digital experience they’ll love.
As a team, most of us have worked together for years and we’re proud to have helped some of the world’s most renowned hospitality and eCommerce companies achieve better results online.
Throughout that period, we often encountered problems with the systems our clients used – we knew they deserved better and we knew we could do better.
The result? Giftpro, and since our launch in 2014 we’ve had the privilege of working with hundreds of clients who share our same passion for progress and innovation.
We believe that our uniqueness lies in our results-orientated mindset, and our vision is for a suite of products that won’t just help our clients grow, they’ll also grow with them.
To find out more about us, please click here.